Wednesday 12 February 2014

Things Are Afoot!

No idea when the moment things will really kick off will be of course (damn there being no crystal ball!) but yes, felt very uncomfortable with what I believe were contractions for a good 15 hours or so last night and still niggling now.

I suddenly at 4pm last night felt intense pressure in my back and around the front of my tummy, low period type pains and something just told me that this was contractions. I have been having more intense braxton hicks but they feel completely different to me than these pains. I just knew, as those of you who've had contractions before will understand.

I had a very fitful nights sleep, I just felt disorientated and couldn't settle at all - it wasn't even the pains that kept me awake but the headache I've been nursing for a few days now, severe nausea, high temperature, swollen hands and feeling very out of breath. Just unwell to put it plainly.

This morning we had our routine midwife appointment and thankfully my wee is clear and my BP is fine so it's not anything like pre-eclampsia which is of course my first thought with those symptoms. Heartrate was fine, baby still 3/5 engaged and my midwife felt a contraction as she was palpating my uterus and said that she thinks things are moving along but whether that means tomorrow, next week or 3 weeks time she obviously can't say.

She advised me to drink more and rest more, with half-term coming up I have like 2 days left to put my feet up before kid chaos begins for 10 days so that's my plan for tomorrow and Friday - feet up, chilling and seeing what happens. Or doesn't!

Due to see my midwife again this time next week, unless something happens so as usual it's a 'watch this space!' ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment