Friday 9 August 2013

Updates

It's been a busy baby few days, with our scan and then the midwife appt today!

The scan showed what we thought it would - the smaller twin has now disappeared and the sac has already started to shrink and be reabsorbed but the other baby is right on target. It was the clearest scan I've had at this early stage, baby was moving all around and even waved, no lie. A real treat for my IP, the one who had opted to come in for the scan because this EPU do not allow more than 1 person in the room unfortunately.

We had to deal with a really grumpy nurse in the unit, they now give you photos but you're not meant to open them in the waiting room out of sensitivity for others who may not of had such a positive outcome, which we fully understand and respect. With that in mind, we went down a side corridor and out of view so my other IP could see the pictures, having sat for a nerve-wracking 10 minutes all alone in the waiting room worrying but were 'caught' by a nurse who told us off and actually made us all feel bad and there really was no need. After all, are we not allowed to enjoy the happy news? Is someone elses bad news more important than our good? And, let's not forget we had sad news too, we did just lose a baby and at 10 weeks....We did apologise nonetheless but felt she had been over the top in chastising us, it was even more gauling when you consider the tiny baby that was in the waiting room whilst everyone sat for their scan, including us - that lady wasn't told to think of others and ushered to a seperate room. I mean, it is a maternity hospital, there are pregnant ladies and babies everywhere.

Anyway, we just tried to forget that unfortunate incident during what was otherwise a lovely day and one that gave my IPs lots of much needed reassurance. They keep telling me that it's all more real suddenly, seeing what looked like a real baby and being so close to 12 weeks.

Today we had our midwife booking in appt, it was strange to see the same lovely midwife again and so soon but we all got on really well with her - my IPs really liked her as much as I already know I do and we got the official paperwork sorted and the ball rolling with regards to booking my hospital care since I will once again have consultant lead care this pregnancy - just as I have with all of them.

All seemed ok so far, apart from my blood pressure which was 80/40 so very low. My midwife said that apart from presenting a fainting risk and it making me feel rubbish, it isn't dangerous for me or baby and to just sit or lie down if I feel faint and always carry something to eat and drink with me. It also part explains why I am nauseous a lot apparently, low BP can cause that itself.

We have a private scan booked in 2 weeks time, when we will be exactly 12 weeks. My IPs booked this because they are going away on a massive family holiday and want to share their news with pictures but we can't be sure that our NHS dating scan will be around the same time.

I'm still feeling sick all day long, am exhausted and generally feeling rough but that's to be expected so we just plod onwards until the next scan.

No comments:

Post a Comment