Wednesday 18 September 2013

16 Weeks

I think it's time to start the 4 weekly bump pictures for this blog. Well when I say bump, I mean bump/bloat because I think there's a mixture of both going on currently. I've compared pics from my last pregnancy at this stage and I think I was a smidge smaller but not much and it's only been 8 months since I gave birth so there's going to be a bit of extra swelling and room for early stretching going on!



Feeling ok, tired and the low bp/low sugar/anaemia mix is kicking my behind still but I expect to feel sluggish and drained so it almost makes it bearable, in some weird twisted way.

I have my consultant appt at the hospital on Friday, just to discuss my blood clot risk more than anything and I expect not to be instructed to take the dreaded daily blood thinning jabs but I don't want to get too cocky, too soon because different consultants have different views on how to manage the risk so we'll quietly keep our fingers crossed for now.

Today I started college, I decided that if I can't go to university for another year (despite getting accepted) then I'll do something in the meantime to keep my brain ticking over and the course I'm taking seemed to fit in with my plans so I'm all enrolled and officially a student once again. I had a great day, my tutor is nice, my classmates friendly and they all seemed to think I'm some sort of angel for being a surrogate - one of my classmates said she had heard about surrogates but never met one and would be telling everyone she had now. It was sweet, she was so excited that she threatened to kiss me for being such an amazing woman. I just don't see it though, I truly don't see what I'm doing as anything super special. Yes unique perhaps and part of a select group of ladies that can do it but not an angel or anything even close. I took their compliments graciously of course and it's always nice to be recognised for what you've chosen to do but yes, I did feel a bit uncomfortable with all their gushing!

I'll be back Friday to update on the appt...

No comments:

Post a Comment