Thursday 26 September 2013

2-for-1 Update

My darling middle child broke my laptop this past week and so it is being repaired, which means I am relying on my phone to access and update the blog - apologies therefore if it is shorter than I may like.

So, consultant appt last Friday went well and as expected. Most important news is that I don't need any blood thinning jabs, she would of liked to of at least put me on asprin but I'm allergic to it so that wasn't an option but apart from that it was just a standard, routine appointment. All fine with baby and I don't have to go back there until I am 32 weeks, for a scan and a chat with the consultant. That is the longest I have gone without seeing the hospital during a pregnancy, maybe that means they aren't too bothered about mine or baby's health this time around which is always a good thing!

I had my routine midwife appointment today and my IPs came down for that. It may seem a bit pointless to travel that distance for what was a 20 minute appointment but when you are distanced from your baby's progression like IPs are, these small moments and milestones are not to be missed. I love having my IPs involved in my pregnancies, the more I can do to involve them, the better!

All fine at this appointment today too, some ketones in my urine but I'm unwell with a chesty cold thing and so my appetite is not up to parr and also I did a huge amount of housework just before the appt and hadn't eaten so was just burning off more than I was consuming today - no big deal. I often have ketones in my urine in pregnancy though so no big deal there.

Apparently the Head of Midwifery at my delivery hospital wants to meet this pregnancy also. Despite having met her before last time and not anticipating any change in what they will offer me and IPs, I am happy to have the chance to meet with the team as it is important for my IPs to have their voice heard and hear first-hand what is available to them pre and post-delivery.

We don't see the midwife again until 28 weeks, when I will have bloods and my glucose tolerance test done but next up is our big anomoly scan on the 16th! Very excited for that of course.

Until then, just ticking off the weeks and enjoying cooking this baby for its very excited parents-to-be!

No comments:

Post a Comment