Thursday 2 January 2014

Where's The Time Going?!

I can't believe it was so long ago that I last wrote but there's not been anything baby related to report and of course I, as everyone else, have been busy with the festive period. I hope everyone had a lovely Christmas and wish you a Happy New Year!

Lots going on next week, I have my growth scan on Friday which will be followed by a consultant appointment which I anticipate will be as routine and as much a waste of time as those appointments usually are but it's another thing done and closer to meeting this little guy! We will also be having our chat with the head of midwifery, the guys are a bit apprehensive about that but because I've met the woman before and it was a positive experience, I've got the benefit of experience so am not phased at all. There's really nothing I would ask to be changed this time around from my point of view - they were as accommodating as they are going to be and it suited everyone at the time and I see no different this time.

My urine sample came back clear from my last midwife appt so the protein meant nothing and I didn't have a UTI at that point but the following week I had the worst backache ever and I'm almost certain I did have one at that stage but rode it out, drank and rested lots and was quickly back to normal.

I'm now 31 weeks and feeling well still - tired but that's to be expected, especially with the children home from school until next week. I'm definitely looking forward to being able to nap again if needed when they go back! Insomnia is kicking my ass so hard, it was 5am before I dropped off this morning and when the kids are up at 8:30, that's a rough day ahead!

The guys are slowly but surely getting things in place for their son's arrival - the nursery furniture has been delivered, the travel system too and one has handed their notice in at work and will be leaving their job from the beginning of next month. It's suddenly getting very real.

Naturally conversation sometimes turns to when this boy will make his appearance, the guys have no feeling but obviously want him to stay put as long as possible - same as I do but I have a feeling he'll be early myself. Not premature but not on time or overdue, 3 out of 4 of my previous births have been overdue so the odds say this one will be the same but this pregnancy has not followed anything like what I'm used to so far and there's none of my genetics involved so I can't help but feel the birth will also throw up a surprise also. Not long until we find out, I guess!

It was my first surrobaby's 1st Christmas and his birthday is next week, that seems surreal that he'll be 1 already! I didn't hear anything over Christmas, not even one picture of the occassion, which was disappointing but I didn't expect any different really - I'm sure he had an awesome time and was spoilt and the same will be for his birthday but I wanted to publicly acknowledge it on both blogs since both are big milestone to note!

Looking forward to also finishing up my course the end of this month so no baby until after that please and thank you - honestly, time is just disappearing on so many counts lately, before I know it I'll be baby-free and wondering what next to do to fill my time. LOL. And no, not another baby. Well, not for a while anyway maybe. ;o)

No comments:

Post a Comment