Friday 12 July 2013

We Have A Heartbeat!

Just the one sadly but we have a heartbeat and nothing can bring down that amazing feeling!

The 2nd sac hasn't grown at all in 9 days and infact seems to of gone backwards because it no longer has a yolk sac but it is what it is and there are never any guarantees and we're all more than thrilled to be having a baby at all!

I did have a fleeting moment where I felt pissed off that yet again a twin hadn't progressed but this time it almost felt a bit easier, since it's not my egg and so I really and truly can attach no blame to myself at all for its failure to thrive. I soon gave myself a mental telling off for thinking such a thing in the first place, after all, everything was perfect, twins just wasn't meant to be for whatever reason. And, in a 'looking for a silver lining' kind of way, it makes it that bit easier to now be carrying a singleton and the scary potential twin complications can be forgotten about.

Anyway, baby 1 is right on target and has a lovely heartbeat so the tech wasn't concerned at all, of course it is still very early days and we've another 6 weeks to go until we're safely into the next trimester but there is no reason to believe that anything will happen to that one.

The tech was lovely, she took her time and let my IPs take a video of the scan and some still pictures, she will also send some out in the post to us also as her printer on the machine wasn't the best so she plans to hook the pictures up to another and print them out for us. She was so sweet, very thorough.

The guys are over the moon, I know given the bleeding that they were anxious and so it was great that they could get that reassurance and see something tangible on the screen, rather than just some pregnancy tests to prove that there actually is a baby in there!

The tech advised that I still attend my NHS follow-up scan on Monday, just to follow-through with that paperwork and get it signed off and the guys left it up to me to decide if I wanted to go but they weren't bothered if I didn't. I will see how I feel on Monday, I just don't want them to close the case if I don't attend and it affect if I should (fingers crossed I won't though!) need to see them again. It probably won't but I will have a think over the weekend.

We all had a nice lunch afterwards to celebrate and catch up properly in person and my hubby joined us for that so that made it even lovelier. It was great to spend time with the other IF who I haven't spent a lot of time with up to date because it was the other who I went to the clinic with - I think this scan was especially important for him because up until now, I suspect he's felt on the outside of the process until this point.

All in all it was a special day and I think we all came away able to breathe a little easier afterwards. Now we just keep everything crossed and take it week by week as we edge closer to the all important 12 week mark.

No comments:

Post a Comment