Saturday 27 July 2013

And again...

I've been absent longer than expected due to moving house and sick children and also no internet at the new place so stuck on expensive 3G so this post will be quick.

I had my scan Thursday and to my surprise, baby 2 had grown more and now has a heartbeat! Even the tech was surprised and couldn't explain it but baby 2 is still super small compared to baby 1 - who, btw, was on target and fine.

The nurse I saw after the scan was very meh about baby 2, explaining as they have to that it can go either way and warning me I may get bleeding or may not get any signs, if things do go wrong with the twin. I think she finds my reaction to things like this hard to figure out, since I am not emotional about it at all because it is not my baby/babies.

Anyway, IPs were thrilled with the unexpected news that baby 2 is hanging in there but are staying firmly grounded, which is just as well since tonight I started bleeding again. :(

Hoping it is just because I have overdone things tidying, unpacking and moving this past couple of days but of course the other potential reason is in my mind too unfortunately. My heart sank having to tell my IPs. We have been here before though and we came through fine and are having hope that the same happens this time but it is an anxious wait right now unfortunately.

It also has to happen the night before I am due to finally (after being delayed for one reason or another for 6 days now) leave to drive 13 hours each way go drop 2 of my children off with Nanny for a school holiday break. I really don't want to be far away from home, incase the worst happens but I cannot put the trip off any longer so go I will. I will probably get more chance to rest with the long drive and 2 children down anyway, than staying home and fretting.

So, please keep us in your thoughts. We are down to find ourselves dealing with this shit again - obviously remaining optimistic and we know the odds at this stage are in our favour but it is still worrisome to say the least.

No comments:

Post a Comment