Saturday 15 June 2013

Embryo Update - Day 2

We have 5 x 4cc - Grade 1 and 2 x 2cc - Grade 2.

As expected for this stage so keeping fingers tightly crossed that they continue that way.

Apparently the clinic nurse told IF that 95% get to day 5, for transfer, so the odds are well in our favour. I wonder what happens if they don't but in the name of being positive and optimistic, I'm not going to give it further thought. I assume they would use IF's sperm and try again with other donor eggs - keeping me on these horrible meds so I really hope not to have any need to think about that avenue.

I didn't quite understand grading and it's actually quite complicated and the info we have today has no bearing on the grade the embryo may or may not have on transfer day so I'm not looking too much into it really but the little I do understand, ours are doing fine right now. I also read that regardless of the grading upon transfer, it's down to pure luck - top graded embies have failed, whereas poor quality ones have resulted in a baby or 3!

I have had a bit of hassle with the local STD clinic who have done my blood tests, the results were meant to be back yesterday but weren't and I was told to return today at 1pm and was told they were closed! After pleading with an assey receptionist, a lovely health advisor told me that one result was still not back but that they would chase it up first thing Monday with the lab and hopefully get the whole set of results e-mailed to me then. I hope they do or else that's a huge pain in the backside and means more blood tests next week at the clinic.

Tomorrow night I will travel to the airport and we'll stay in a hotel overnight as our flight is very early on Monday morning so that has me on edge. I'm eager of course to move onto this very exciting stage but also looking forward to getting it over with and mainly that's because of the flying involved - eeek. I do not like flying, I'm not phobic but I don't like it at all. :o( I've been watching the weather report closely, it's meant to be very hot over there but we're dodging showers here.

I will attempt to update from over there but I don't know about wifi etc so can't be sure I will, either way Wednesday I'll be back and will do so then!

No comments:

Post a Comment