Friday 28 June 2013

Look What We Have!

I had an inclination we may of hit the jackpot a few days ago, the cramps, heightened sense of smell, the way I kept waking up on my back and the nausea all clued me in but I didn't dare believe that perhaps we could be so lucky as to have it work first time!

The guys had said that they wanted to wait until 10 days past transfer for me to test - that way they would know the result was true. I was always going to test today and they knew that but I think them realising last night that my testing day was today and I may know one way or another swayed them and they asked to find out too.

They actually went on holiday to Greece today, it is the last time off they have together until Christmas and after the whirlwind past week, they both felt they needed some downtime and so I was to test and they would call this afternoon for the news.

Early afternoon and the call came, I could barely contain myself all morning after the test showed +++ in the early hours but I did and when I delivered the good news, there was not a dry eye. I have never heard a more shocked or excited response and it makes me grin just recalling it! Love this part of surrogacy so so much.

We are all still in a state of shock this evening but it is so fantastic. Who would of imagined that we could get so lucky as to fall pregnant first time around but it does soothe some of the feelings I carry from the length of time it took to get pregnant with my traditional surrogacy baby.

The tests are dark for this early in my pregnancy - twins? Maybe, I guess we will tell in time but something makes me think so. My tests with twins last time weren't this dark this early so I do wonder. Whatever the outcome, we are basking in this moment and enjoying the here and now. We're pregnant!



No comments:

Post a Comment