Friday 14 June 2013

Grow baby, grow!

Progesterone sucks. :o(

Only taken 3 and feeling crappy already - lots of ovary pain, cramps and bloatedness. Someone asked me today if I was pregnant. Ugh.

I had read up on the effects and it seemed to be not that bad but they lied. Or I just got unlucky.
Already feeling like I can't do another possible 9 weeks of this stuff. Felt like that on the estrogen alone so that can't be good, can it?

Naturally all this crudiness had to happen the week when it seems like my life is imploding (dramatic much? True though!) and I could do without the added stress of not feeling good from the meds.
On the positive side, we heard 7 out of the 8 donor eggs have fertilised so we have embryos! Yaaaay! Very big milestone and all of us are pleased to hear that. Now we wait and see how they continue to progress between now and scheduled transfer on Tuesday.

Beginning to get very anxious about the flight now, especially being away from my own family but I have come this far so no backing out now. Just continuing to hope we only have to do it the once! IF said the clinic was nice and the staff efficient, I am glad he has been over already to scope things out beforehand because that should take a bit of pressure off of us.

Will update with further news on how the snow babies (what frozen egg/transfer embryos are called by IPs and surros) are doing!

No comments:

Post a Comment